Jewelry Clay and Nunn Design Channel Bracelet

 Todays post is dedicated to everyone who has not opened their package of Jewelry Clay and in particular Helen Tran who emailed this morning to say she is too worried to work in the channel bracelet.  
By the end of this post you should be saying.....
it is so easy!
 Here is my fabulous new antique copper channel bangle bracelet from Nunn Design transformed into a new one-of-a-kind wearable.  It took me about 30 minutes 
to make this little beauty!
 I used:
1. Our new Jewelry Clay.
2.  Some vintage french cameos featuring scenes of Notre Dame and biblical themes.
3.  The Nunn Design channel bangle.
4.  Black Pearl Ex.
 Making a batch of clay is quick and easy.  I have shown you many times already and the blog is chock full of tips and techniques.  Just read the package instructions and take your time.  You have two hours of working time once you make your clay batch.

Step One:  I made enough clay to fill the "channel" from end to end.
Step Two:  When the clay was in place I just pressed my cameos into it and then brushed black Pearl-ex across the surface of the clay.  Powders cling beautifully to our clay allowing you to make it any colour you want.  Pearl-ex powders are what I normally use and it cures in place meaning you do not have to seal your pieces later.
 Step Three:  I wanted my clay surface to look textured...like a lava rock.  
I used a very stiff stipple brush to make my surface this textured.
Step Four:  This is really a tip.  It is always a good idea to clean up your exposed areas before letting everything cure over night.  If you touch the clay and maybe leave a finger print or smear on the back, Pearl-ex will cling to it and it will be permanently cured in place.  You will have to sand it off.  So I use an alcohol swab (found in first aid kits) and wipe the insides so they are completely clean.
 Step Five:  Go to bed.  Our clay cures with time.  No oven required.  In the morning my piece was waiting and perfect.  The full cure time is 24 hours.  I will wait till tomorrow to wear this!

So, what are you waiting for....
embed something in Jewelry Clay!

This is my first sample for the Nunn Design showcase and give-a-way on our blog this month.  I'll post the give-a-way in a few days:
The new collection includes our channel bangles, metal beads, bezels, rings, cufflinks, flat tags and more!  With a retail value of $75.00, this is simply awesome! See more at: Nunn Design.

Labels: , , ,