Drying Flowers For Jewelry Resin Projects

 My small pill box features a flower I dried earlier this summer.
 I picked these flowers in June.
 This is our first summer in our new house and I was surprised to see this bush turn into a hot pink vision.
 My flower press is a simple one.  (I am sure I bought it at Michaels Crafts store.)
 You place your flowers between paper and the special card stock included and allow time to work in conjunction with the wood press.
 The hot pink darkened to this deep purple.  I never know what the flowers will look like until I open my press a month after putting my flowers in it.
I created my pill box lid with two pours of Jewelry Resin.  
The first pour covered my paint, flower and bird charm.
Before the second pour I added some gel marker lines to my flower on the first layer of cured resin.
Then I poured a final doming layer. 
Now is a great time to gather some flowers to dry before the summer is over!  This is a lovely summer 2012 memento.

Labels: , , ,