Jewelry Resin, Staz-On Ink and Imagine Crafts - Part One

 These Parisian metal squares look fantastic sitting on my work table.  I am not done with them though.  
This two-part post is a mini tutorial about layering.
 I am using some products I discovered at The Craft and Hobby Show (CHA) from "Imagine Crafts."
 You may know them from their original name:  Tsukineko.
 This company sells a product that became a personal favorite the minute it was launched:  The Staz-on Black ink pad.  I use that ink pad almost exclusively because it was the first truly waterproof ink that allowed you to stamp on glass, metal or any non-porous surface.
 At CHA I noticed that IMAGINE has new metallic inks, Staz-On Glazes and sheet metal components.
 The metal I knew would look fabulous with these one inch digital images of Paris I had.
 I glued those paper images and sealed them with mod-podge to the metal.  The metal already has a hole punch.
 Then I took out some of my Staz-On reinkers.  (If you are not a rubber stamper, re-inkers are extra ink you can buy to keep your matching ink pads wet and full of fresh ink.)  As I mentioned, Staz-On ink was designed to work on a surface like these metal embellishments.  It will dry and become waterproof.
 So, using a brush I dropped some ink from each of the colours along the edges of the metal blanks.
 Then, to ensure my ink was not going to bleed I brushed on a layer of the Staz-On Glaze.  I let all my pieces dry.
 Then out came the Jewelry Resin!  I made a small batch in order to glaze the surface of each piece.
Now I am going to let the glaze layer cure overnight.  I am going to add a few more layers....so these are not finished!

Layering Order
1.  Paper glued to metal. 
2.  Pod-Podge used to seal the paper.  Three layers were brushed over the image and allowed to dry.
3.  Add Staz-On inks to the edges.  Allow ink time to air dry.
4.  Brush a layer of Staz-On Glaz over the ink edges.  Allow glaze time to dry.
5.  Brush a layer of Jewelry resin over entire metal blank.  Allow this glaze layer to cure overnight.

Labels: , , ,