Niagara Falls Klik Necklace

I have a new Klik project to share with you.  This is my salute to vintage Niagara Falls.
This summer we have a special collaboration between Metal Complex and the followers of Resin Crafts blog.  Over 60 Klik blank snap components have been sent to Resin Crafts Blog crafters/jewelers.  Their projects will be showcased in September.
This project begins with vintage postcards.  The Niagara Falls postcard gave me so many wonderful memories that I knew I would need to do something special with it.
There are two sizes and two lip depths to choose from.  I used a large snap with the 21mm lip for the main image and two small shallow 18mm lips for my side pieces.
This is the KLIK combo pendant that I “kliked” my finished snaps into.  This makes planning a necklace super easy!
When you plan to pour resin over paper you need to take the time to seal all your paper imagery.  I used several layers of a decoupage medium to seal my postcards.
In order to make sure my resin would not overflow, I set up a little card board channel to set my snaps on.
I filled my snaps with Jewelry Resin.
I love this set!  My last step was to select a chain.  Ready to wear in moments.
You can see everything in the Klik collection in the online catalog.
You can order Klik from BeadFX.  I’ll post more stores regularly.


Labels: , ,