These Boots Were Made For Wearing

I have a collection of doll parts that I like to add to different projects.
These doll boots are needed for a necklace.
 The doll parts are vintage and as you can see they were already predrilled.  However, the hole is not where I need it.  I created my new faux soldering top with Jewelry Clay, silver Pearl-Ex and a silver screw eye.
 I placed my clay around the boot top, covering the current hole and added my screw eye.
 They look really nice as is, but I wanted the look of a soldering application.
 Silver Pearl-ex does this with no flame required!  All I had to do was let these cure overnight.
Jewelry Clay is a special medium allowing me to do things I could never do in the past.
 I love how they turned out!
 I had a little extra Jewelry Clay leftover so I also wrapped an arm.  This one I added crystals to.
No soldering!
No mess.
Air cure.
What could be easier?

Labels: , , ,