Summer Air Conditioning Reminder

This is the time of year I get messages wondering why resin projects have not cured.

In case you did not know, 
resin does not like the cold.

For myself, the air conditioning is now on and for quite a few of my readers it is now winter.

I keep a desk lamp on, at all times, over my resin curing area. This lamp is on all year round.
It is a normal lamp, nothing special, but when I place my hands under the light I can feel the additional warmth.

Envirotex Lite (and all other two-part epoxies) are reactive compounds that require warm temperatures.  The absence of heat means that they will not cure.  Heat/warmth is the part of the process you control by planning when and where you will be mixing and pouring a batch of resin.

70 degrees Fahrenheit or 21 degrees Celsius at all time please.

The big post explaining this is linked right here.

Labels: