Jewelry Resin or Jewelry Clay for Molding

 This new pendant is my opportunity to show you why our products work so well together.
 The finished pendant is a new favorite.
 The molds are from glass artist Paula Radke.  I purchased them last year at the Bead and Button show.  They are extremely detailed.  I love them.
 Our Jewelry Clay works beautifully for mold making projects.  As you can see I pressed a small left over piece of clay into my mold like this.
 Later, I mixed a small batch of Jewelry Resin and coloured it with a gold Luminarte Primary Elements Artist Pigment.

 Here is my cabochon right out of the mold.  You might think that the clay side was more detailed.
 I wanted to attach my cabochon to a filigree background.  So I made a small batch of Jewelry Clay and used it as my attachment mechanism.  This clay is truly useful!
 Then I brushed more of the gold Luminarte Primary Elements Artist Pigment to the back side to make my piece look prettier.

 See, that looks much more polished.
 I painted my entire cabochon with an acrylic paint. 
 The clay really looks great with acrylic paint doesn't it?
However, my last step was to apply metallic wax in a multitude of colours.  Now you can't tell which side is clay and which side is resin!  My last step was to seal everything with Resin Spray.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,