Saving Vintage Trims in Jewelry Resin

 I have a heart shaped project to share today that may excite a few of my vintage clothing friends.
 If you see partial pieces of vintage hand sewn goods like these you may wonder what can be done with them.  They are very fragile and difficult to resew onto another piece of clothing.
 I of course, encase them in resin!  
I arranged the piece I wanted to save in my bezel.  Then I sealed all the fibers with three very thick layers of Aleene's decoupage medium.  I let this all dry overnight.  

My goal with sealing is to try and protect my fiber from absorbing resin in one spot which would darken the area and make it look stained.

 I created my heart with two separate resin pours.  The first pour covered everything.  You can see all the tiny air bubbles around parts of the trim.  I monitored this pour for one hour popping bubbles as they appeared.
24 hours later I decided to add three vintage crystal embellishments to this first resin surface.
Then I did my second pour of Jewelry Resin covering everything.
 I am thrilled with my results!  This heart is truly unique and I have given my vintage trim a new life.

Labels: , , , ,