Jewelry Resin as A Glue and Glaze!

 You may be surprised to know that this key started as a clear piece of acrylic!
These acrylic charm shapes were developed by Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza.  Cathie gave me the key shape at the Craft and Hobby show in January.  I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I did know I would want it to be colorful.  I am seeing Cathie and Steve at the Craft and Hobby Show in Chicago Wednesday and hope to pick up something new!
 I decoupaged the back of the key with a piece of interesting tissue paper.  I used Mod Podge to make sure the paper was adhered to the acrylic.
After the Mod Podge was dry I cut away the excess paper.  I then painted a glaze layer of Jewelry Resin.  I do this so that back of my pieces are shiny and strong.  It's like putting a layer of glass to the back side.  I let my resin cure for 48 hours before I flipped it over to start working on the front. 
 I painted a second thick glaze layer to the front.  Then I just carefully placed my embellishments onto the wet surface.  Jewelry Resin in a wonderful glue!
 While the resin was still wet I shook red glitter onto the surface too!
 As you can see the glazed front looks fabulous.  Imagine this on a necklace!

Labels: ,