Jewelry Resin for Repair Work

 Here is a sweet fairy ring.  I am sure you might look at it and think it was my original idea to make a ring featuring this great artwork from the Crafter's Companion.  The fairy image is embedded in a layer of Jewelry Resin.  It domed very nicely if I do say so myself.
 This ring is actually a repair challenge.  Some time ago I filled this bezel ring with resin clay.  Resin clay cures rock hard.  It was my intention to add crystals to the clay...but I was unable to complete the task and the clay cured unadorned.  Did I mention it is now solid?
 My first step to save the ring was to apply some tissue paper to the surface.
 I covered the tissue paper with a thin glaze of Jewelry Resin and let it cure.
 Then, the secret layer.  
My fairy is a rub-on.  So I rubbed it onto the surface and then carefully applied my final doming layer of Jewelry resin.
I think it turned out super!  Consider trying this technique with rings or pendants you may not like anymore!

Labels: , , ,