EasyMold Silicone Putty – Platinum Cure

I purchased this vintage brooch in Paris.  I have been wanting to make a mold of it and today seems like the perfect day to work on a series I have been thinking about.

 Making a mold is so easy with the two part silicone putty in the ETI mold making family of products.
 You knead equal portions of the two components until a uniform colour is achieved.  The working time is 3 minutes...so don't get distracted by anything else.
 I pressed my brooch into the putty.
 I made sure to create a little ridge so that my future resin pours would not run over.
 25 - just twenty five minutes later I have a mold!
Isn't that great?
I know many of you might be tempted to use the mold right away.  The best tip you will see in the instruction sheet is that the mold should be left to cure for 24 hours.  So, now I happily wait!
EasyMold Silicone Putty is ideal for a wide range of impression type mold applications, including Castin’Craft Clear Casting Resin, EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy, wax, baking, chocolates, ice cubes, soap, plaster, air dry clay, concrete and low melt metals! EasyMold is a easy to use, Odor Free, Non-Toxic, FDA compliant – Food Grade, two component silicone putty.

Labels: ,